I love purees (so French of me :D) and this time I share with you this incredibly easy and yet delicious and super healthy green puree with spinach and green peas. I love green peas for their subtle sweetness that goes very well with a touch of basil. Well, it’s still winter and we don’t have much access to fresh greens, but it’s not a problem since for this recipe we use frozen ones. Frozen fruit and vegetables are just great! They are available all year long, preserve their vitamins and minerals and allow us to have more valuable fiber even in winter. This puree is loaded with iron, beta-carotene, vitamin B9 and of course fiber. Enjoy your spinach and green pea puree!
- 220 g frozen spinach
- 220 g frozen green peas
- 1 small glass of water (around 150 ml)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh or frozen basil
- In a pot, place frozen spinach with water, add salt. Cook for 10 min on medium heat mixing occasionally.
- Add green peas to the pot and mix.
- Let cook for another 5 to 7 min until cooked. You should still have a bit of water in the pan (a few tbsp). If it looks like too much water, pour it in a cup an keep on the side.
- Add olive oil, basil and season with black pepper.
- Mix in a blender or use a hand blender like me. Add cooking water gradually if you set it aside.
- Your spinach and green pea puree is ready! Enjoy!