This time I decided to share a recipe of a quick (under 30 min), super easy and healthy meal – salmon with sweet potato puree. Salmon contains precious DHA omega 3 fatty acids that have numerous health benefits. And sweet potatoes allow you to vary regular potatoes. Plus it’s high in vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber. Although I add a bit of regular potato in the puree for the texture, you can opt out and make it plain sweet potato. Regardless, add a salad and it makes a balanced and nutritious meal. Enjoy!
For the sweet potato puree:
- 300 g sweet potato
- 150 g or less regular potato
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 ml (half a small glass) of milk or water from cooking
- 2 salmon steaks of around 150 g each
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper
- a slice of lemon
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel and cut your potatoes.
- Put them in a pot with salted water and cook on medium heat for about 15 min until fully cooked
- Rinse and wipe your salmon. Season salmon and add olive oil. Place it on a non-stick baking sheet or parchement pepper.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 min until fully cooked.
- When your potatoes are ready, pour out the water (unless you use it instead of milk), add butter and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Cover to avoid it from cooling down too quickly.
- When salmon is cooked, place everything on a plate and here you have your salmon and sweet potato puree. Enjoy!