Here’s a recipe of a healthy and delicious chicken with peanut butter and vegetables. In this recipe I use frozen veggies, which makes the cooking process quicker and easier. Of course you can use fresh seasonal vegetables. In this case, cooking time will be approximately the same, but add around 10 min to the prep time. Serve with a portion of rice or other grains and you have a proper balanced meal. It’s rich in fiber, vitamin C and unsaturated fatty acids. Enjoy !
- 200 g chicken breast
- 50 g frozen green peas
- 50 g frozen/fresh carrots
- 150 g frozen broccoli (I used a mix of broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- 20 g unsalted peanuts (optional, but I like it for the crunch)
- salt, pepper, chili powder to taste
- Prepare the vegetables. If you use fresh ones, wash and slice them.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add the chicken cut in medium cubes, saute for around 5 min, until it’s golden.
- Set the chicken aside. Place the carrots into the pan, add 1 cup of water. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas and broccoli in the pan, cook for another 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Mix in a bowl soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of water. If your peanut butter is thick it will take a little longer to dissolve.
- Add chicken to the vegetables, pour the peanut sauce over and mix well. Add salt, pepper, chili and peanuts if you use them.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Also, you can adjust water quantity to obtain a nice creamy texture.