What do you need during a cold winter evening in lock down? A bowl of warm cream soup of course! Today I’d like to share with you one of my favorite easy-to-make soups with carrot, pumpkin, coconut milk and a touch of ginger. It’s rich in beta-carotene good for your skin, eyes and lungs and also a powerful anti-oxydant and the bit of ginger can even help you fight flu. You have to try it!
- 2 medium-sized carrots (around 250 g)
- a small bowl of pumpkin in chunks (around 250 g)
- 200 ml (a glass) of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- salt and spices to your taste (I used black pepper, chili pepper and curry powder)
- Prepare the vegetables: peel and slice carrots. Peel and cut pumpkin in chunks like on the picture.
- Put the vegetables to boil with a glass of salted water (around 200 ml).
- Boil them on medium heat for around 15 min. Most water should evaporate by then.
- Cut ginger in very small pieces, add it to the vegetables with coconut milk, and spices. Let it boil for around 5 minutes until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot. I used some cilantro for decor and additional taste. Now it’s your turn to cook! Enjoy!