My husband makes this recipe every weekend and I just love it! And to be completely honest I prefer leaving him to cook weekend breakfasts, also because this recipe requires a lot of patience. But it’s absolutely great, you should try these best scrambled eggs!
- 4 eggs
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes or half of a normal-sized one
- 20 g (2 tbsp) parmesan
- fresh or frozen basil
- olive oil (1 tbsp)
- spices: salt, pepper, paprika
- Cut tomatoes in small cubes. Cook them for a few minutes in a pan with olive oil and spices and around a tsp of chopped fresh basil, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat once the tomatoes are soft and let them cool down for a few minutes to prevent eggs from coagulating too quickly. Then add the eggs.
- Heat the pan again on minimum, constantly stirring the eggs with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5-7 min. It should have a soft mushy texture without parts that are visibly raw.