After releasing an article on chocolate I had to share with you one of my favorite chocolate-based recipes. And here is a super simple and delicious recipe of chocolate mousse. You’ll only need 2 ingredients: chococolate and eggs. And a mixer. That’s it! The eggs will be used raw, so it’s not suitable for pregnant women. In any case, take good-quality eggs and DON’T wash them (by wahing eggs you are pushing bacteria on the egssshell surface inside the egg).
This is a classic recipe that I learnt at school, but I prefer adding there a bit of crushed chocolate to add a little crunch to the fluffy texture of mousse. And I use 70% dark chocolate because I love the TRUE taste of cacao and it has more nutritional interest and benefits. But you can use your favorite chocolate. And can you believe, that one serving of this chocolate mousse has less than 10g of sugar? Enjoy every bite of it!
- 60g of dark 70% chocolate (or any plain good-quality chocolate of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- Break chocolate into smaller pieces, keep 1 square aside (around 10g).
- Crush that square of chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Mircowave the main chocolate for 1 min, then mix it, microwave for 30 more seconds if needed. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Whip the eggs whites with a pinch of salt with the help of a mixer until you get firm peaks.
- Add yolks to the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add around 2 tbsp of whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture and mix with the help of a spatula.
- Gently mix in the egg whites and add crushed chocolate until a smooth and creamy texture is formed. Although don’t overdo it, because it’s rather easy to lose the fluff.
- Pour it in 2 glasses or cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and a half.